Who has hit most number of sixes in test matches?
Asked by: Raja on 26-08-2010
Commented by Binit on 26 Aug, 2010Great question, cause it never came into our minds, the T20 and ODI savy fans. To hit a six in test cricket, a batsman either has to be utterly aggressive one or on a high individual score. both the cases are quite rare..
The most number of sixes in test cricket is hit by Aussie wicket keeper Adam Gilchrist, with exactly 100 sixes from his 96 test match career but Chris Gayle is sure to overtake him any time soon. Jacques Kallis finished career at third position, going ahead of Virender Sehwag and Brian Lara. Chris Cairns of New Zealand and Andrew Flintoff were two allrounders who hit sixes for fun but didn't play much. here's the list.. Most sixes in test career
- 100 sixes = Adam Gilchrist of Australia, 96 tests.
- 98 sixes = Chris Gayle of West Indies, 103 tests.
- 97 sixes = Jacques Kallis of South Africa, 166 tests.
- 91 sixes = Virender Sehwag of India, 104 tests.
- 88 sixes = Brian Lara of West Indies, 131 tests.
- 87 sixes = Chris Cairns of New Zealand, 62 tests.
- 84 sixes = Vivian Richards of West Indies, 121 tests.
- 82 sixes = Andrew Flintoff of England, 79 tests.
- 82 sixes = Mathew Hayden of Australia, 103 tests.
- 81 sixes = Kevin Pietersen of England, 104 tests.
- 78 sixes = MS Dhoni of India, 88 tests.
- 73 sixes = Ricky Ponting of Australia, 155 tests.
- 70 sixes = Clive Llyod of West Indies, 110 tests.
- 69 sixes = Sachin Tendulkar of India, 200 tests.